Easy cheesy beef nachos with Tostitos chips
This easy cheesy beef nachos is a must try. It will satisfy any crowd and be the best chili beef nachos recipe you've ever made.
For cheesy beef nachos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bag Tostitos chips
- ½ medium white onion chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp potato starch or 1.5 tbsp corn starch
- ½ c canned tomato sauce no salt added
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ c pico de gallo see Notes
- 1 hand full cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno sliced
Make beef nachos on stove top
Ina large sautéed pan, heat enough vegetable oil, then add and cook chopped onions over medium high heat until they turn golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Add ground beef, potato starch, Cajun seasoning and stir occasionally (using a wooden spoon or spatula) until the beef is fully cooked, approximately 8-10 minutes
Reduce the heat to medium low, stir in tomato sauce and coat the beef completely with sauce for few minutes.
Taste chili beef and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Remove the pan from the heat.
Bake beef nachos in the oven
Pre heat oven to 365F.
In a casserole or cast iron skillet, put Tostitos chip in 1 layer followed by half amount of cooked chili beef.
Then add half amount of shredded cheddar cheese for the next layer.
Followed by remaining of chili beef and finally top it up with the rest of shredded cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted completely.
Garnish with jalapeno, cilantro leaves, pico de gallo and serve immediately.
- Pico de gallo recipe here
- Cheddar cheese can be replaced with any other medium/hard cheese: like mozzarella, parmesan, or emmental. If you can, don’t use pre-shredded cheese because it melts smoothly and tastes better
- It’s better to make and serve this beef nachos in a cast iron skillet. So the heat can be retained for a long time.