Well, it's been 10 months since my last post. Can you even believe it? 10 months. And not to mention I published like 2 posts for the entire 2017. And this is where I'm gonna brag about how busy I was and how my life has been so struggling and that made me neither have free time nor have a clear mind to come up with any writing. Cliche, right? Yup, it's exactly what I thought in my head for the past ... umm .. 2.5 years.
Since my move, there was not even a single moment that I don't miss my life back in the States. The life that I can drive anywhere in my beloved car, the life that I can be creative as much as I like with food styling and cooking, and the life that I can be myself 100%. I don't hate my current life, I just can't enjoy it. Honestly I'm living the dream that for once I wish I could have, but jeez, why I C.A.N.N.O.T love it.
Oh hold on, this post isn't about how I hate my life and how I am living it. It is about this super delish steak micro watercress pizza. I am so sorry if I made you lost in transition; just because I am too out of my head and this blog is the only place that I can do whatever I want so sometimes I went off trail.
Back to the topic, shall we? Here's the thing, if you ever, ever want to try out weird thing for your cook out or family gathering. Try this pizza. It's not the traditional ones you eat at Papa John or the super loco pizza at your most favorite local Italian restaurant; but I promise it'll bring you joy and tears (maybe). It's a cross tradition between a typical pizza (the dough) and a fusion taste (the topping). Experience this for yourself and let me know how it tastes, ok?
Super Delicious Micro Watercress Steak Pizza
- Half sheet pan
- 4 c bread flour or AP flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2 c water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- S&P to taste
- micro watercress as needed
- cherry tomato halved, as needed
- ½ lb ribeye or strip loin grilled, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing
- In a small bowl, bloom 1 tbsp of yeast with ¼ c of warm water. Leave it there for 5 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients, including yeast in a mixing bowl and using a dough hook to whisk everything together. Let the mixer work on medium speed for 5-8 minutes or until everything is combined.
- Continue working the dough for another 5 minutes then immediately transfer to a clean surface, coated lightly with flour. Slightly work the dough into a ball shape.
- Put it in another clean mixing bowl. Let the dough rest and rise in a warm environment for an hour or until it’s double the size.
- If you don’t use it right away, put it in the chiller until ready to cook.
- Pre heat the oven at 325F.
- Transfer the dough to a clean surface and shape it into a desire shape (round or rectangular).
- Put the pizza dough on a sheet tray and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Assemble: Add the Italian dressing first then add micro watercress. Top it off with your choice of grilled rib eye or flank steak and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!