I assume that because you’re reading this post, you are nuts about cheese just like me. I’m all over cheese you know, well except blue cheese. I still can’t quite get over its unique smell and really adore anybody can eat it. I can name at least 10 types of cheese, and at work I once ran a promo entirely about cheese. It ran so well and was flooded with demand that we decided to add it to our main menu. As a cheese lover I must say baked Camembert cheese really stole my heart. Since the moment I got to eat it, I swear I always attempt to bake any cheese to test whether they are as good as Camembert. So without further ado I present you this incredibly easy baked Camembert recipe.
I want to share with you such an interesting tip about this baked Camembert. Normally, you must cut the top of the cheese before you put it in the over. By doing so, you accelerate the baking process and help the cheese melted faster. Which results in a cheese-fondue-like for the Camembert. However, it requires a very thin, sharp knife and incredible knife skills to make sure not much of cheese was removed with the cut top.
Instead of that, I prefer cutting the whole Camembert in half, not vertically but horizontally (along with its diameter). Then you’ll end up with two Camemberts which means double the goodness and nothing needs to be thrown away.
[Related post: Light un-bake Japanese tofu cheesecake]
Also I wish I still keep my extra small cast iron skillet so I can bake my cheese directly in it and serve afterward. It is so cute and wonderfully convenient; and the fact that I lost it makes me hurt so much. You can buy one of those cute skillets with very affordable price on Amazon. Man, how I miss Amazon! Where I live right now there is nothing can compare to Amazon, let alone the amazing Prime shipping benefit.
What made this recipe special than others? Because of the uncanny pairing style. You’ll find no other wonderful flavor than the one created in this recipe: a little bit of honey, basils and crunchy nuts mixed with the Goddess melted Camembert. It will be the BEST thing you’ve ever tasted, I promise.
Before hopping to this incredibly easy baked Camembert, I just want to point out some benefits about eating cheese. (Yeah, like we need more reasons to falling in love with cheese, right?). According to Evening Standard, cheese is full of good bacteria which help to maintain good digestive health, weight, and immune system. So what are you waiting for? Go grab that cheese and come back for the recipe, won’t you?
Incredible Easy Baked Camembert
- Extra small cast iron skillet
- 1 Camembert cut in half horizontally, see notes above
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 baguette cut into slices
- sour sop fruit seeded, as needed
- 3 ea mangosteen
- 5 basil leaves
- cashew nuts as needed
- walnut as needed
- Put half or whole Camember on a extra small cast iron skillet. Bake at 320C for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Make sure the cheese (inside the white bloomy rind) has completely melted before remove it from the oven.
- Add another tbsp of honey on top together with your favorite fruit: sour sop or mangosteen. Semi-sour fruit is the best option to pair with this baked cheese.
- Garnish with basil and your favorite nuts.
- Toast your slices of baguette in the oven for 2-3 minutes then dip them into the melted cheese. Enjoy!