Ceviche is a Latin American dish believed to have originated in Peru. Today special ceviche recipe has a hint of Thai’s flavor but made in a modern way. Normally, ceviche is a combination of fresh fish or shrimp marinated in acidic liquid for a specific amount of time. However, with this modern Thai style seafood ceviche, the fresh seafood is mixed right before serving time to preserve their original flavors.
Another thing about ceviche is once people hear about it, they definitely think of raw ingredients. With this modern style, the dish is made of both raw and cooked fresh seafood. Or if you make this at home, you can just switch out for any style of seafood you want. It can be all raw or all cooked or half & half just like my version.
Once we talk about ceviche, we must think of the best way to pair it with is a super cold beer. There will be nothing better than this. And it’s even more appealing in this crazy hot weather as summer is coming (or in fact it’s already here). Imagine as you’re chilling in your backyard with a big plate of this delicious seafood ceviche and a couple of beers, then you’ll feel like you own the world. If you’re into beef ceviche, you will love this Mini Taco Beef Ceviche recipe. Two ceviche in one day? Nothing can compare to this guys!!! Go for it.
Modern Thai Style Seafood Ceviche
- 3 oz white fish raw, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 shrimp cooked, peeled
- 2 green mussel
- 5 clam cooked
- 2 baby octopus hard boiled, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 cherry tomato halved
- 3 canned lychee or fresh lychee halved
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 c lime juice
- 1/4 c fish sauce
- 3 oz palm sugar plus more to adjust taste
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 Thai chili
- In a blender, combine all ceviche sauce ingredients and blend until everything is combined. Taste and add more palm sugar according to your reference (remember to add just a bit amount at a time).
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all the seafood and vegetables together well. Combine with ceviche sauce.
- Transfer and arrange seafood nicely on a serving plate, garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!