This super easy cranberry spritzer drink can be one of your best holiday drinks. It tastes incredibly refreshing and fantastic and looks so festive. You can never go wrong with this drink.
Let's get into the holiday spirit with this amazing, super easy, and simple cranberry spritzer. And I meant it while saying it is very simple to make.
The ingredients are straightforward and not hard to find at all (especially during the holiday season): sugar, lemon, mint leaves, cranberry juice, and your favorite sparkling water.
Do you want to make something look stunning and vibrant to pair with this cranberry spritzer? I got you covered with these definitely-must-try lists: 26 most favorite holiday side dishes (from classic to contemporary), 31 awesome Thanksgiving desserts, and 33 creative Christmas desserts.
The best things about this drink
- Takes under 15 minutes to put everything together.
- Is very affordable to feed a large crowd.
- Can be made ahead of time.
- Is a kid-friendly drink since it is a non-alcoholic beverage.
- Has the perfect vibe for a holiday drink.
I am obsessed with the recipe. I have a huge cranberry juice in my fridge daily to make this drink. I've started making it home and falling head over heels for such a simple beverage.
Ingredients in this super easy cranberry spritzer recipe
As aforementioned, this holiday drink recipe is incredibly easy with the most minimal ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- Cranberry juice: this recipe will work with both 100% cranberry juice and cranberry juice cocktail.
- Sparkling water: add just a right amount of sparkling water to create such nice bubbling effect for the drink.
- Lemon: 1 slice for each glass is enough to add a touch of citrus to the spritzer.
- Mint leaves: add contrast color to create more vibrant and stunning look for the drink.
- Sugar: combine it with water to make simple syrup which can be used for any drink recipe.
Two ways to make this drink
There are two different ways to make this easy drink: make to order or make in advance.
The make-to-order way takes a little effort and would be great for a party of maximum 10 persons. You'll add each ingredient to an individual serving rock glass, and serve immediately after mixing everything.
The make-in-advance way works best when you have a large crowd for a Thanksgiving gathering or Christmas party. You'll mix everything in a large pitcher or a punch bowl (except sparkling water and garnishes) and let them chill for a few hours or even the night before. Then add the bubbling water and garnishes just right before serving time.
Options for different garnishes
Since this is a super easy drink, I want to keep the garnishes as minimum as possible. However, you can always spice it up with these options to make the drink even more vibrant and match with your holiday theme.
- Citrus: beside lemon slices, slices of orange or lime are another excellent option instead of lemon. You can even use orange/lemon peels to add more citrus fragrance to the drink.
- Cranberries: fresh or frozen cranberries also make a good garnish for the drink. Don't go crazy; a few cranberries for each serving can go a long way.
- Fresh herbs: mint leaves or rosemary sprigs will work best with this cranberry spritzer recipe.
More drink recipes
I don't always make a drink unless it is unique or tastes super delicious. Here are some drink recipes that you'll find very exciting to try:
- Try this easy vodka mixed drink if you're looking for a holiday alcoholic drink.
- Best homemade herbal tea - the best thing about this drink is it's naturally sweetened.
- Homemade soy milk recipe - the recipe does not need any fancy cooking appliances. Some basic ones will do the job perfectly.
Super Easy Cranberry Spritzer (Non-Alcoholic)
For simple syrup
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c water
For cranberry spritzer
- ½ c cranberry juice see notes for more info
- 1 tbsp simple syrup 2 tbsp if using 100% cranberry juice
- 2 cubes ice
- ¼ c sparkling water
- 1 slice lemon
- 3 each fresh mint leaves
Make simple syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water and heat until the sugar has dissolved completely on medium-high heat.
- Carefully pour the syrup into a clean container and chill over an ice bath or in the fridge.
Make cranberry spritzer
- In a rock glass, add cranberry juice, simple syrup, and sparkling water and give it a few stirs.
- Add ice cubes, a lemon slice, and mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- You can use either 100% cranberry juice or a cranberry juice cocktail for this recipe.
- Besides lemon slices, slices of orange or lime are another excellent option instead of lemon. You can even use orange/lemon peels to add more citrus fragrance to the drink.
- Other garnishes: fresh or frozen cranberries, rosemary sprigs.
- For simple syrup: it can be kept in an airtight container, under refrigeration, for up to 1 month.
- The nutritional value hasn't included the amount of simple syrup yet.